Las Vegas, NV
RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER
Objective: Oversees the performance and coordination of all work done by front and back of house team members. Observes and evaluates workers and procedures to ensure quality standards and service. Must have the ability to communicate positively with our guests while in our establishment.
Examples of Duties and Performance Requirements:
1. Practicing, supporting and promoting the company philosophy of “See it, Own it, Do it” while conducting yourself in a positive, professional manner.
2. Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and ensure team members adhere to safety standards.
3. Responsible for handling any team member or guest situations. Must demonstrate sound judgment in decision-making abilities.
4. Assigns duties, responsibilities and workstations to team members while maintaining proper staffing as defined through established service standards.
5. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and Health Department Regulations.
6. Works productively with all managers and team members.
7. Displays and encourages teamwork in the department.
8. Works with management team to control cost.
9. Coaches and counsels those not meeting standards. Understand the steps of progressive discipline.
10. Adheres to and conducts group and individual training on company and department policies and procedures.
11. Communicates on a consistent basis with all managers, keeping them updated on all matters.
12. Hold daily meetings with team member to communicate important information to the staff.
13. Provides support, materials, supplies, etc. to ensure team members have the proper tools to reflect our “See it, Own it, Do it” philosophy.
14. Responsible for participating in the creation of annual budgets.
15. Must manage time effectively with the ability to work independently.
16. Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers and management telephonically, electronically and by transcription in English.
17. Inspects supplies, equipment and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
This is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that this position may require.
1. Comprehensive food, wine, and spirits knowledge with culinary experience preferred.
2. Certificate/License: Gaming registration and/or non gaming work card, Southern Nevada Health Card, Alcohol Awareness Card.
3. Must have the ability to work varied hours or shifts.
4. Must possess attention to detail in order to maintain the business’s appearance and operating standards.
5. Five years food and beverage experience in an upscale, specialty restaurant.
6. Minimum one year as a restaurant general manager with P&L responsibility.
7. Comprehensive food knowledge, which includes P&L statements, cost control, budget and forecasting, training, inventory control and sanitation.
8. Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
9. Knowledge and experience of applicable gaming regulations.
Typical Physical Demands/Skills:
1. Must be capable of lifting 50lbs.
2. Requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walking frequently, bending and/or reaching from floor level to a height of 6 feet.
3. Requires normal, corrected vision range and absence of color blindness. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols.
4. Requires eye/hand coordination. Requires normal sense of smell, taste, touch and sound. Requires regular and predictable attendance. Requires good verbal communication skills and be able to understand and comply with policies, procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels and other instructions.
Now hiring Tavern Management, Bartenders, Servers, Kitchen Management and Cooks!
Bar Host and Server Positions
Must have the ability to work varied hours and shifts in any of our locations. Must have a current SNHD card, TAM card and proper work documents.
Prior industry bar experience required, basic knowledge of gaming systems/rewards programs, knowledge of POS operations, must be willing to
promote yourself and the bar.
Prior serving experience preferred and knowledge of POS operations.
Must have the ability to work varied hours and shifts in any of our locations. Must have a current SNHD card and proper work documents.
Previous professional cooking experience of at least 1 year preferred.
Previous kitchen management of at least 2 years preferred. Must work all stations on the cook’s line. Must have knowledge of cost and labor control, health department regulations, basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment background screening. Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both
oral and written forms.